Check the Wheels
1. Check that the operating speed shown on the wheel is suitable
for the machine on which the wheel is to be mounted.
2. Check that the "application code" complies with the proposed
use of the wheel together with the restrictions of use.
3. Check the wheel for any signs of damage a "ring
test" can not be relied on for these types of wheels
Check the Backplate
4. Check that the diameter of the backplate on which the wheel
is to be mounted is not smaller than the wheel diameter.
5. Check the backplate for signs of damage, making sure there
are no burrs and that it is clean.
6. Check the backplate for flatness with a straight edge and
feeler gauges. If the backplate is damaged or not flat it
may be necessary to regrind it.