- Visually inspect the segments to ensure they have not been damaged.
If there is any sign of damage they should not be mounted. Contact
the supplier for advice.
- Ensure that all segments are clean as this could affect location
and tightening in the chuck.
- Check the maximum operating speed shown on the segment against
the speed shown on the grinding machine.
- Check the segment is the correct shape for the machine.
- Check that all segments are of equal length, as different length
segments will cause the chuck to be out of balance.
- Check that all segments are dry and free of coolant as this
could also lead to an out of balance effect.
- Check that all segments are of the same specification as different
specifications could be of different weights.
- If the grinding application requires a mixed specification
set up, these should be arranged in the chuck so as not to give
an out of balance effect.